Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting Ready

Matthew and I tend to like to be prepared and have lists and organization. This is definitely true when getting ready for a new baby. It drives me a little crazy that best case scenario we have 6 weeks to put together a nursery. With Max we made little goals around Matthew's underway schedule so that 3 weeks before the due date his room was complete we obviously can't do that this time. We do have a stash of newborn clothes but unlike with Max we don't have random other sizes we picked up for fun. Maggie's bumpers for her crib or done and though we have a crib, changing table and mattress they can't be put together yet. I've also started making bows and that's fun to match her outfits or holidays. Without knowing her room I can't figure out the organization and decoration. Though I know she'll spend at least the 1st 6 weeks in the bassinet of the pack and play I'd still like to have sheets to put on the crib and a changing pad with covers in her room. I know this will all come in time. I have also started and halfway completed Maggie's stocking because just like with Max I'd like to have it finished by the end of summer to allow plenty of time for finishing.

The cats get shipped off tonight, weather permitting, which will be one less thing for me to worry about. As far as moving, I am organizing what I can because I can't pack anything. Now that it's april I'm trying to put things in suitcases. But at least hotels and car rentals are booked. I still need to find a company to clean the carpets and figure out when I want them to come in. I know it will all come together especially since I'm not waiting until the last minute. Still praying Matthew is home for the move but if not we'll be happy to see him in Georgia.

1 comment:

  1. In times like this it surely is helpful to be organizes. We love all the picks and updates. Keep them coming. Max is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete