Saturday, July 13, 2013

Car Trouble

So found out on July 1st my car needed major repairs. I was dropping Matthew off at work and the gate guard was like "don't you hear that?" Naturally, we said "no." Once we parked, Matthew looked under and my dust cover had half fallen off. I had a dr's apppointment later that day and I was telling the nurse about it and she said oh that happens to me all the time since I have a low car. It is a simple repair. And it would have been if that was all that was wrong.
I took it to the repair shop only to discover that not only had the dust cover fallen but my grill and bumper were cracked and my radiator tubes were rubbing against each other. So they told me to go to an autobody shop. Great!
Both places said that I ran over something. I don't remember doing this and I even asked Matthew incase I had told him and forgotten. Since it was the week of July 4th and they were taking days off they said to bring it in the following Monday. So I do and they tell me Friday for sure it will be ready. Well it is Saturday and they are telling me Monday afternoon. So we will see.
In the meantime, I am driving Matthew's truck. The first time I drove it and came home, my car was still in the garage so I couldn't turn it around. The next time I drove it I then killed 2 of our lawn lights backing down. So we are now down to 2 lights. Matthew killed one and a guy he works with killed another. So it isn't like he is in the clear with running over lights either. In my defense, our driveway is long, inclined and curved.
Now that my car is not in our garage I can turn the truck around at the top of the driveway. I have to say after almost a week of doing this I am doing a pretty good job if I do say so myself. Also since driving the truck I have not hit anything or run over curves. I am not so worried about hitting things but I thought I would have run over a curb thinking I could take a tighter turn than I can. Maybe I am just being ultra cautious.
Anyway that is what is new with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment